This club started it's life in February 1965 as the Waggoners Folk Club based at the Camp in Kings Norton. At sometime between then and April 1989 it became the Camp Folk Club , still at the Camp. The final venue was the Warstock in Warstock , where it became known as the Dragons Lair, around July 1990. The date the club closed is not known at this time.
Waggoners Folk Club
- Author: Phil Cross
- Early Birmingham Folk Clubs 1950 To 1980
|The Camp, Camp Lame, Kings Norton, Birmingham||1966||Unknown|
Mick Hipkiss Dave James
Broadside Folk at the Town Hall programme from Pam Bishop Article in Birmingham Planet Feb 18th 1965 Folk at the Town Hall programme from Pam Bishop Article in Birmingham Planet Feb 18th 1965
Comments powered by CComment